I am a sometimes penguin in Dallas, Texas.
- Linux, postmarketOS on PinePhone, Firefox
- I believe in free software and prefer to use it when possible.
- If necessary, I use virtual machines (using QEMU/KVM) to run software that is not available for Linux.
- Games I like include SuperTux, Minecraft, Minetest, SNES Yoshi’s Island, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario 64.
- Vim (rc)
- I indent with one space.
- Projects on GitLab
- Current favorites: Ludovico Einaudi; Irish/Celtic music, including Anúna, Solas and Lúnasa; Antje Duvekot; Ewan MacColl; Nils Frahm; and Ludovico Einaudi.
- I sing second bass and I have participated in Eric Whitacre’s Virtual Choir: versions 2.0 (“Sleep”), 3 (“Water Night”), and 4 (“Fly to Paradise”). I’m not currently in a choir.
- Did I mention I like Ludovico Einaudi’s music?
About this Web site
- Uses Jekyll,
make, and a little bit of PHP (for blog comments, the contact form, and redirecting old URLs). Edited in Vim. See the source here.
- Designed by me. Supports all modern Web browsers (including mobile) and IE 8 (older versions of IE get the color scheme and fonts and that’s it). Uses responsive design.
- The design is maintained separately in its own Git repository.
- Hosted on a VPS running Alpine Linux at Hetzner in Ashburn, Virginia.
- Let’s Encrypt!
- The owner of this Web site is a Ludovico Einaudi fan.