After a long wait, the new version of AppBackup AppBackup 2.0, is finished and has been submitted to BigBoss. It will show up on Cydia within a day. Here is what has changed in 2.0:
- AppBackup now works on iOS versions 4.3.x and later (and it still works with iOS 3; untested on iOS 2).
- Added a confirmation screen for all actions.
- Redesigned About screen.
- AppBackup has been split into two parts:
- The GUI, written in Objective-C this time.
- A command-line interface in the form of a Python package. (Just type
appbackupat the terminal to use it.)
- As a result, the code has been completely rewritten and is much cleaner and object-oriented.
- The FixPermissions utility can now be used by typing appbackup-fix-permissions at the terminal. It is still run automatically in the GUI mode only.
- Updated translations and added new translations for the following languages:
- Czech - Jan Kozánek
- Chinese - goodlook8666
- Greek - Spiros Chistoforos-Libanis
- Japanese - Osamu
- Korean - Joon Ki Hong
- Norwegian - Jan Gerhard Schøpp
- Changed translations format in the source tree.
- Translations are now managed on Transifex (https://www.transifex.net/) and converted to Apple’s Localizable.strings format at build time.
I would like to thank everyone who has been patient while I was working on fixing AppBackup, and I am very sorry it took so long.